Russell Advocaten is a full service law firm that provides prompt, high-quality legal services to clients in the Netherlands, including Embassies and Consulates on a broad range of fields through its specialized Embassy Desk. Russell Advocaten also services corporate clients from your home country that intend to do business in the Netherlands. Our expertise lies in the fields of corporate law, real estate and lease law (Embassies, Ambassadors’ accommodation), labour/employment law (sickness-related matters, labour conditions, dismissal), immunity and (commercial and corporate) litigation. We provide legal services to clients throughout the Netherlands and our lawyers regularly conduct business in The Hague.
The Netherlands is a perfect business location for entrepreneurs from your home country and listed number 5 in the Global Competiveness Report 2015-2016 of the most competitive countries in the world. Our country is the gateway to densely populated Western Europe and has a well-developed logistic and technical infrastructure. Its highly skilled, multilingual and flexible work force, its favourable tax regulations for businesses, its stable political climate and its high standard of living makes the Netherlands the ideal place to start a business.
Having been a trusted advisor to many Embassies, Consulates, Diplomats, expats and foreign companies in the Netherlands over the past decades, we know our clients well. Many of them have been relying on our services for years because of our inside knowledge of their sector and because we offer them a comprehensive range of legal services:
- Employment and dismissal: (termination of) employment contracts regarding private servants and locally hired staff, employee’s sickness and reintegration (UWV), drafting house rules.
- Rent law/real estate: selling and buying of property, drafting / checking lease contracts (including a diplomats’ clause), advice on administrative permits and proceedings.
- Marriage and divorce: advice / litigation of (complex) international divorce cases.
- Diplomatic immunity: Vienna Conventions, inviolability.
- Doing business in the Netherlands: start-up of a company, hiring personnel and finding a suitable office space.
The qualified lawyers at Russell Advocaten regularly assist Embassies and foreign entrepreneurs with their knowledge and experience and will gladly provide you with legal advice in the Netherlands.
1082 AG Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1080 JK Amsterdam
t +31 20 301 55 55